A renowned facial plastic surgeon in Manhattan in New York City, Dr. Minas Constantinides has been repeatedly recognized across the United States as one of the best in his field. Dr. Constantinides received his baccalaureate with honors in Biochemistry from Brown University and his M.D. from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. He underwent specialty training at Harvard in general surgery and at NYU in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. He completed his fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Toronto, then joined the full time faculty in the Department of Otolaryngology at NYU Medical Center in 1994. He was Director of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from 1994 to 2012, and Director of NYU’s facial plastic surgery fellowship program from 1999 to 2014. He is double board-certified in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
Dr. Constantinides has published over 60 scientific articles and book chapters focusing on facial plastic surgery and is a famous as a sought-after lecturer at national and international meetings for his expertise in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. He has been the co-director of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery’s (AAFPRS) biannual Advances in Rhinoplasty course twice. Dr. Constantinides is deeply committed to international and domestic pro bono projects. In 2010 he received the Community Service Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery acknowledging his successes in Vietnam, India and South America.
Dr. Constantinides was elected to the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2008; currently he is Secretary. He has been a Director and board-examiner of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery since 2009. He has been listed as on of the best doctors in New York by Castle Connolly, New York Magazine, Town and Country, and in facial plastic surgery industry publications. Dr. Constantinides is married with three sons and lives in Manhattan.
Video: Meet Dr. Minas Constantinides
Plastic surgeon Dr. Minas Constantinides had served as Director of Facial Plastic Surgery at NYU in New York City from 1994 through 2012. He studied at Brown, Columbia University, Harvard teaching hospitals, and NYU. His education and specialized experience set him apart from all other facial plastic surgeons in the area. Enlarge Video View All Videos
Our Promise to You
You will receive empathic care centered around you and get an outstanding facial plastic surgery result.
We hope our philosophies, listed below, will help dispel your worries and give you new optimism about what we can do for you.
- Your time is valuable. Your cosmetic consultation is free if we keep you waiting longer than 30 minutes past your appointment time. In February and March, 2015, your consultation is free regardless.
- You will understand everything that we say. All your discussions with everyone in our office are clear and straightforward. If you can’t find time to call, email us. If you speak Spanish or Greek, Dr. Constantinides is fluent in these languages.
- We remember the little things. During your pre-operative visit we not only give you all of your instructions for pre-operative care, but also personalize a post-operative care kit for you. We can arrange for hotel stays, car service and escorts home for you while you are under our care.
- You can contact us any time. We are available, before, during, and after your consultation 24/7/365. We are always happy to hear from you for whatever reason.
- You deserve discretion. We will never discuss your case with anyone without your permission.
- Your trust is key to our success. Dr. Constantinides has performed over 3000 facial plastic surgeries, and many more in-office procedures such as injectables, during his 19 years in practice. He values his relationship with you, and deeply appreciates the trust you put in him. He is honest and forthright regarding what he can and can not do.
- Your safety is assured. Our office-based surgical suite is fully credentialed by AAAA. We only use board-certified anesthesiologists who have worked with Dr. Constantinides on hundreds of cases. If you prefer, or if your case is complex, your surgery will be performed in the hospital at Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, Lenox Hill Hospital, or NYU Langone Medical Center.
- You deserve the best. Dr. Constantinides is a leader in Facial Plastic Surgery. He is the Secretary of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and a Director of the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He has lectured in numerous national and international forums and is highly sought after as an expert among his peers.
- You deserve kindness. Dr. Constantinides travels yearly to various countries on humanitarian missions where he offers his services pro-bono. Most recently his focus has been on Vietnam. In the past he served as Senior Advisor of Face-To-Face, the international humanitarian arm of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is now on the board of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- You are taught and cared for by Dr. Constantinides, not a PA or assistant. There will often be a resident or fellow who learns by observing your facial plastic surgery procedure. Dr. Constantinides performs all your surgery himself and all your postoperative care personally.
We appreciate your taking the time to visit our website. In a time when there are many choices out there you have made the right one, not only for your face but also for your peace of mind.
New York Magazine: "Nipped and Tucked"
New York Metro: "Beauty's Beast"
Cape Cod Times: "Your can be a cut above the rest"
Nasal Beauty: Form and Function
Nasal Beauty: Form, Function, and the Right Doctor
Scarsdale Inquirer, February 2000
Town and Country's Directory of Top Cosmetic Surgeons in the U.S.
Top Cosmetic Surgeons in the U.S.
Town and Country Magazine
Syndicated National Television Newscast: "A New Collagen Implant"
“A New Collagen Implant”
Syndicated National Television Newscast,
Various Stations, April 2000
Castle Connolly Guide: How to Find the Best Doctors of New York
How to Find the Best Doctors of New York
Castle Connolly Guide
- Constantinides, M., Alar Retraction: Etiology, Treatment and Prevention, JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery, Online First 2013
- Constantinides, M., Subjective & Objective Improvement in Breathing After Rhinoplasty, Archives Facial Plastic Surgery, Published Online First Sept 10, 2012
- Constantinides, M., Editor, Cosmetic Rhinoplasty, Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics N. America, 2009.
- Constantinides, M., Carron, M., Chapter 23: Profile Management; in Thomas, J.R.(ed), Advanced Therapy in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 241-252, 2010.
- Constantinides, M., Face To Face: A History of Pro Bono Activity of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 10(6): 433-8, 2008.
- Constantinides, M., An Overview of Functional Rhinoplasty, including the Management of the Severely Twisted Septum, Audio-Digest Otolaryngology, 41(1): 2008.
- Kim, E.J., Constantinides, M., Maas, C.S., Chapter 73: Blepharoplasty; in Lalwani, A.K. (ed.) Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, New York: McGraw Hill Medical, 902-909, 2008.
- Ramirez, A.L., Maas, C.S., Constantinides, M., Chapter 74: Rhinoplasty; in Lalwani, A.K. (ed.) Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, New York: McGraw Hill Medical, 910-917, 2008.
- Wise, J.B., Shah, A.R., Constantinides, M., Chapter 78: Otoplasty; in Lalwani, A.K. (ed.) Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, New York: McGraw Hill Medical, 940-948, 2008
- Shah, A.R, Wise, J.B., Constantinides, M., Chapter 79: Facial Fillers & Implants; in Lalwani, A.K. (ed.) Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, New York: McGraw Hill Medical, 949-952, 2008.
- Constantinides, M. (ed), Cosmetic Rhinoplasty, Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, 17 (1), 2009
- Constantinides, M., The Rhinoplasty Consultation and the Business of Rhinoplasty, in Constantinides, M. (ed), Cosmetic Rhinoplasty, Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, 17 (1): 1-5, 2009.
- Lee, J, White, W.M., Constantinides, M., Surgical and Nonsurgical Treatments of the Nasal Valves, Otolaryngol Clin N Am, 42: 495-511, 2009.
- Lee, J., Constantinides, M., Trends in Functional Rhinoplasty 2008, Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, 17(4): 295-301, 2009.
- Constantinides, M., Franchise Medicine: How I Avoid Being a Commodity in a Global Market, Facial Plastic Surgery, 26 (1): 34-38, 2010.
- Zoumalan, R., Shah, A., Constantinides, M., Quantitative Comparison Between Microperforating Osteotomies and Continuous Lateral Osteotomies in Rhinoplasty, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 12(2): 2010.
- Zoumala, R, Constantinides, M, Subjective and Objective Improvement in Breathing After Rhinoplasty, Arch Facial Plastic Surgery, Online First, 2012
- Alexander, AJ, Shar, AR, Constantinides, MS, Alar Retraction: Etiology, Treatment and Prevention, JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery, Online First, 2013
Dr. Constantinides has recently spoken about various topics in rhinoplasty in:
- Rhinoplasty Course, American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Chicago, Il, May 2013
- Faculty, The Rhinoplasty Society 2013, New York, NY, April 2013
- Faculty, The Cutting Edge 2012: Advanced Sculpting of the Nose, 32nd Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, New York, NY, November 2012
- Professor of Honor, 19th International Course in Modern Rhinoplasty, Academic Medical Center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, October 2012
- July 2010 Multidisciplinary Facial Plastic Surgery Symposium, Las Vegas, NV
- May 2010 Keynote Speaker, Rhinocamp, Bodrum, Turkey
- May 2010 NYU Rhinology Update NY, NY)
- April 2010 NY Society of Plastic Surgery Rhinoplasty Panel, NY, NY
- April 2010 10th International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery, Hollywood, FL
- March 2010 Visiting Professor UNC, Chapel Hill, NC
- February 2010 Keynote Speaker Equatorial Society of Rhinology and Facial Surgery, Salinas, Ecuador
- November 2009 Keynote Speaker Peruvian Society of Facial Surgery, Lima, Peru
- September 2009 AAFPRS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- September 2009 European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Porto, Portugal
- September 2009 Keynote Speaker Munich Live Surgery Course, Munich Germany
Recent Awards and Honors
Important Honors Received by Dr. Constantinides recently include:
- 2008-2012: Dr. Constantinides wins national election to gain seat on Board of Directors of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- 2009: Dr. Constantinides elected to Board of Directors of the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS)
- 2009: Dr. Constantinides is made co-chair of Advances in Rhinoplasty 2011, the most prestigious rhinoplasty course in the world & run by the AAFPRS
- 2009: Dr. Constantinides is editor of "Advances in Cosmetic Rhinoplasty" book by Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America
- 2010: Dr. Constantinides is an Oral Examiner for the American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto)
- 2010: Dr. Constantinides is made an honorary member of the Equatorial Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- 2008: Dr. Constantinides is made an honorary member of the Columbian Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
Important Humanitarian and Leadership Efforts
- 2004-Present: Chairman and then Senior Advisor of Face To Face. Responsible for all domestic and international humanitarian efforts of the AAFPRS
- 2009-Present: Faces of Honor. Offering free surgery to veterans of Iraq & Afghanistan
- 2009-Present: Assisted in providing surgery for Guyanese young woman shot in face with nasal reconstruction at NYU Langone Medical Center
- 2009-Present: Lead developer of AAFPRS Domestic Observership Program, matching senior preceptors with surgeons who want additional exposure in facial plastic surgery.
- 2008-2012: AAFPRS Credentials Committee, Eastern Representative. Won national election to attain position.
- 2003-Present: Director of AAFPRS-accredited fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center